Course Description: This course is designed to introduce the learner to the law and process that occurs when complaints are filed against a provider (Physical therapist or physical therapist assistant). A review of closed cases against PTs and PTAs will be analyzed for common provider errors or patterns and identification of ways to reduce your risk of having a complaint filed against you will be examined.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will:
1) Define common terms associated with civil, criminal and administrative law.
2) Compare civil law to criminal law
3) Examine the roll of administrative law in a complaint against a provider.
3) Identify the most common reasons complaints were brought against PT/PTAs.
4) Examine the possible outcomes of having a complaint filed against a provider.
5) Identify ways to reduce your risk of having a complaint filed against you.
The cost of the course is $30.00 You will have 90 days to complete the course and the exam for 2.0 CEUs.