Course Description: This course is an introduction to joint mobilization, a manual therapy technique commonly used in physical therapy. It will discuss the biomechanics, background information, and theoretical basis behind joint mobilizations. To be proficient at performing joint mobilizations, which is a psychomotor skill, one must spend significant time practicing the techniques. However, before practicing, one must understand the scientific principles that joint mobilizations are based upon. That is the purpose of this course.
Upon completion of this course, learner will:
- Define joint mobilization, physiologic motion, accessory motion, arthrokinematics, osteokinematics, joint play and joint mobility.
- Identify three types of arthokinematic motion
- Describe the concave- convex rule as it applies to joint mobilizations
- Investigate open pack and close pack positions for multiple joints
- Examine grades (I- V) of joint mobilizations and joint traction (I-III)
- Identify contraindications for joint mobilizations
- Examine specific joint mobilization techniques for various joints
The cost of this course is $30.00 and you will have 90 days to complete the course and exam for 2.0 CEUs.