Course Description: This course is designed as a review of common or significant areas of palpation and injury for the knee. The course will enhance anatomical knowledge of the area which will assist the PTA clinician in his/her everyday treatment of patients with knee issues.
Upon completion of this course, learner will successfully:
1. Identify locations of bony landmarks on the knee.
2. Identify key ligaments and structures of the knee.
3. Identify common muscles and tendons of the knee.
4. Identify bony and soft tissue structures of the knee by visually assisted and self-guided palpation.
5. Recognize special tests as they relate to various knee pathologies.
6. Review osteokinematics and arthrokinematics of the knee.
7. Review common positions and forces put on the knee joint.
Course instructor: Jeff Komay, PTA, BS
The cost of this course is $30.00 and you will have 90 days to complete the course and the exam for 2.0 CEUs.